Short CV (last updated September 2014)Michel Rigo (born 19 December 1975)
- Licence en Sciences Mathématiques (4-year studies), University of Liège, June 1997;
- Ph.D. in sciences "Abstract numeration systems and recognizability", University of Liège, March 2001;
- Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches "Systèmes de numération abstraits et combinatoire des mots", Univ. Paris Sud, June 2010.
- October 1997 - September 2002 : Teaching Assistant, Math. Dept., Univ. of Liège,
- October 2002 - September 2003 : Post-doctoral fellow, chargé de recherches FNRS,
- October 2003 - December 2010 : Professor, Math. Dept., Univ. of Liège (chargé de cours, puis professeur en 2007),
- January 2011 - : Full Professor, Math. Dept., Univ. of Liège,
- October 2011 - : vice-head of the Math. Dept., Univ. of Liège.
(past) Teaching duties: Discrete Mathematics, Theory of Computation and Complexity, Geometry.
Publications: Full list available here (local repository, also slides of talks)
- 34 papers in international peer-reviewed journals,
- 3 chapters of books,
- 12 peer-reviewed conference proceedings (including 7 Lect. Notes in Comput. Sci.),
- co-editor of vol. 135 of the Encyclopedia of Math. and its Applications, Combinatorics, Automata and Number Theory, Cambridge Univ. Press (2010),
- author of a 2-volume book, Formal languages, Automata and Numeration Systems, ISTE-Wiley (2014).
- 3 Ph.D thesis (E. Charlier 2009, L. Waxweiler 2009, A. Lacroix 2013),
- 7 post-doctoral fellows (E. Duchêne, M. LeGonidec, T. Kärki, N. Rampersad, P. Salimov, A. Parreau, E. Rowland),
- 49 Master thesis.
Prizes: Prix Laubin (2003), Prix Wernaers 2010 (Fonds ISDT Wernaers), Prix Lucien Godeaux (2010) Société Royale des Sciences de Liège.
Membership: BMS, SMF, AMS.
Finally, I am also deeply concerned about raising public awareness of mathematics, I have created the group "antenne Maths à Modeler à Liège" and I have given more than 400 talks in high schools (during the last 8 years).
MSC: 68R15, 68Q45, 03B25, 03D05, 11A67, 11B85, 11U05, 11U10, 11T06, 12L05, 91A05, 91A46.
I am interested in
- Exotic numeration systems
- Representation of integers and real numbers in abstract number systems
- Recognizable sets of numbers
- Automatic sequences
- Cobham's theorem and related questions
- Combinatorics on words (finite and infinite)
- Automata theory
- Formal language theory
- Combinatorial games
- Symbolic Dynamics
My co-authorscorresponding to accepted or published papers only
- Bell, Jason P.
- Berthé, Valérie
- Charlier, Emilie
- Duchêne, Eric
- Vandomme, Elise
- Durand, Fabien
- Fraenkel, Aviezri S.
- Grabner, Peter J.
- Halava, Vesa
- Harju, Tero
- Honkala, Juha
- Kärki, Tomi
- Lacroix, Anne
- Le Gonidec, Marion
- Lecomte, Pierre
- Maes, Arnaud
- Nicolay, Samuel
- Nowakowski, Richard J.
- Rampersad, Narad
- Salimov, Pavel V.
- Steiner, Wolfgang
- Waxweiler, Lauent